Friday, July 21, 2017

MISS BROWN TO YOU
SPEAKS FOR THE 
SISTERS OF SWING


  It is with deep regret that I must inform all of our friends and faithful fans that The Sisters of Swing have come to an end.

Facing, to be frank, old age, compromised limbs and limited resources, and needing to focus my time and energy on more lucrative musical projects, I have to abandon this labor of love that I undertook in 1985, left in 1989, and rejoined in 1999.  

For the amazing support of all our regular fans, for all the folks that I run into on the street who heard us Umpteen Years Ago and Still Remember, I am eternally grateful, and I know that Mary, Chris, Joni, Roz, Elyse & Paula appreciate you as well.

For all of you who told me year after year that The Christmas Show made Christmas meaningful for you: yes, me too.  It was, in a word, amazing, not really because of us, but because of all of you.  

Oh, my girls.  The laughter, much, much more laughter than tears.  Love you forever.  

Here’s about as good as it got.  Enjoy.

'So don't let them begin...'

Love,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment