Wednesday, July 4, 2018

WELL TREATED BY THE
STATE FAIR STAFF, AND
THE STAFF AT ST. ANTHONY'S
HOSPITAL AT RED, WHITE
AND BOOM




July 3 -- Last night my friend Marjorie Ramana and I went to the Red White and Boom celebration of

the Fourth of July at the State Fair Park in Oklahoma City. After a long walk from Gate 5 - the only

one open because of construction, and two hours after the beginning of the OKC Phil, which we

 could hear faintly from in front of the small bandstand stage, my friend Marjorie collapsed against

 the back of the bench we were sitting on. She lost consciousness for four or five minutes.



I called for someone to call 911. We were seated next to a group of nurses from the OU Health

 Sciences Center. Marjorie was also helped by a medic. One of the nurses called 911. Other nurses

 directed the ambulance and fire truck with medics to where we were. Marjorie was conscious, knew

 her name, her birth date, and name of the president of the United States. The EMSA medics were

 great as they helped Marjorie onto the gurney, and put her into the back of the ambulance.



They took her to St. Anthony's hospital. I was taken back to my car by Gate 5 by Scooter Guthrie (I'm

 not sure about the spelling of the last name) -- an employee of the State Fair Park. I was also helped

 by a State Fair security employee, part of  whose name was Haley. Guthrie showed me how to get to

 St. Anthony's Hospital on his cell phone.



I drove there as quickly as possible, went in the ambulance entrance, found my friend, and was then

 called by an Oklahoma City police officer, who told me that I was parked in the wrong lane. She showed me where to park at the entrance to the hospital.




I went in and found my friend continuing to be well taken care of by a nurse and several other

 members of the staff. Her son Rob, who I'd called from the State Fair, met me there. We waited for

 another couple hours until about 12:45 a.m. Since her tests were negative, and Marjorie was going to

 be admitted for overnight admission, she told me to go home and go to bed. I did so, realizing that I

 was leaving her in the very capable hands of her son Rob, and the staff of St. Anthony's.

No comments:

Post a Comment